Saturday 2 August 2014

Festival prepin'

Oh, how time flies! It was almost 3 months ago that I bought my ticket and impatiently waited for August to come around, yet now I'm only 7 days away from being at Bloodstock, I'm 100% not prepared...at all! (Despite having written 4 lists...) 
I get all nervous, excited, panicky when it comes to big plans such as festivals; I worry about travel and packing and forgetting my ticket and argh, I just turn into a complete mess of worry. But, I am so, so excited, I really can't wait. 

I'm a camping-festival virgin, so this is gonna be a totally new experience for me - I've been camping and I've been to festivals, I've just never camped at a festival. Eek. I've been to Ghostfest on more than one occasion, which was easy as pie because it was a 2 day, indoor festival so you had to book a hotel, but alas, no such home comforts await me at Bloodstock. My biggest concern is how I'm gonna deal with tent hair, because when you have hair as short as mine waking up in the morning ain't pretty!


I'm not taking any valuables, no digital camera, just disposable cameras and my cheap £5 spare phone that only has the faculties to phone and text people - I'll be leaving my actual mobile at home. 

Most important supplies are food and booze, because I don't much fancy the rip off festival prices once I'm there. And, of course, because I have the desire to be clean and presentable hard wired in me, I'll be bringing hand sanitiser, wet wipes, make up, dry shampoo and a bandana (to cover my second-day tent hair). A first aid kit is also essential (in my opinion) plasters for when my Docs rub, pills for a hangover headache and antiseptic cream (my boyfriend pierced his ear with a safety pin when he went to Sonisphere, so best be prepared for a similar recurrence...)

Apparently this heat wave we've been having in the UK is set to last in Derbyshire until mid August, so sun lotion and sun glasses are an absolute must, but any lack of cloud cover in the day always equals a chilly night - so a sleeping bag and a hoody have also made it on the list. 

I don't know what I'm worrying about, if anything I think I'm over prepared...  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment