Monday 4 August 2014

Current favourites


I guess this post is a little late, as these are a handful of products that have been on my 'favourites' list for quite some time, namely the Bourjois Cream Blush and Avon's Ultra Colour Lipstick. Some of these products were there to see me into 2014, others I've only had a few months, but I love all of them and I'd definitely consider repurchasing the lot when they run out (or break).

I've really got to begin with my absolute favourite two, Bourjois Cream Blush in Nude Velvet (surprise surprise, I swear every blogger and her mum have picked out this shade) and Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick in Blush Nude, oh how I love them both.


You can see I've 'hit pan' on the blush, I sort of can't wait to run out of this just so that I can go and buy another; just me that feels this way about make up? Probably, ah well. I bought this last year (chill out, last year was only just 8 months ago...) when I was in Superdrug with the intention of picking up one of the Bourjois Little Round Pot blushes. I'd heard of this cream blush and saw it on the aisle staring at me while I browsed it's powdery counterpart and, well, it won, as you can see. I winced as I handed over my card to relieve myself of the £8 this blush cost, it physically hurt me to spend almost a tenner on blush after having been an MUA £1 blush fan for quite some time, but I'm really glad I did because it's lasted well and it's just so gorgeous. The texture is wonderful, it blends perfectly and the colour is the perfect natural flush of colour, I've only really fallen in love with this over the past few months because it's a wonderful blush for Summer. 


According to a book I'm currently reading and loving (Air Kisses by Zoe Foster, in case you're wondering) hailing a particular lipstick as your 'perfect nude' is a very bold claim indeed but I'm gonna go right ahead and claim this one anyway, this is my perfect nude, hands down. I haven't even tried enough nude lipsticks to know for sure that this is actually my perfect nude, but I don't need to because I've fallen head over heels for this one and that's enough for me. It's not just a perfect nude, but it's my go-to lippie when I can't decide which one to wear; the amount of times I've found myself browsing through my lipstick bag (yes, I do own so many lipsticks that I have dedicated a whole bag to them...) asking myself "which lipstick would go with this outfit?" and then thought "screw it, I'll just wear my Avon one" just proves how versatile and loved this lipstick is. It goes on like a dream, doesn't accentuate dry patches, feels very moisturising and gives the perfect wash of pinky-nude colour to my lips, Holy Grail? I think so. 


A product that I bought on a whim was Maybelline Browdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara, after reading about it constantly online. I really like this product because it's so easy to use, it adds colour to my brows, sets them in place and is super quick to apply. 

You can probably tell that I'm loving nudes at the moment, the H&M Soft Nudes eye shadow palette was another on-a-whim purchase and it's got a good selection of colours for a decent everyday smokey eye, the gold tone is really nice layered on top of darker colours for a Summery bronze look. Natural Collection is a brand that I've been exploring a lot of recently, I picked this eye shadow up in the shade Milk Chocolate while on the hunt for a good brown eye shadow to replace one that I was running low on from a now discontinued Boots palette. What I really like about this shadow is that it's quite a creamy powder, if that's possible and it blends so easily, the colour definitely fits the name as it's a very milky brown, again, great coupled with my H&M Nudes palette. 

My Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation hasn't had a look in since I rediscovered my love for L'Oreal True Match, in the shade Rose Ivory, I was wearing this foundation here along with the Bourjois Cream Blush. It blends seamlessly and to apply I like using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, another product that has since replaced an old favourite (Cosmo Foundation Brush). 

Finally, I've been keeping a bottle of Shea Body Mist from The Body Shop out and easily accessible in my room for the past few weeks to spritz on before leaving the house. My mum bought me this for Christmas and, at first, I wasn't a huge fan because it reminded me a lot of male aftershave, but it's grown on me and the musky 'pour homme' scent is something that I've grown to love. 

I wonder what'll make it onto my favourites list next...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment