Thursday 17 July 2014

Au Naturel


This morning I had to pay a visit to the eye hospital to have something removed from my eye; turned out there was nothing in there at all and I was told I had allergic conjunctivitis - nice, thanks Summer. 
Because of this I thought it wise to lay off the eye make up so used it as the perfect excuse to tone down the rest of my make up too. 

I've never been one for wearing heavy make up anyway, but considering the beautiful sunshine I decided that I could totally get away with an even lighter base than usual, so I took a quick snap before work of today's make up look for which I used the following: 

L'Oreal True Match foundation in Rose Ivory mixed with a pump of Simple Kind To Skin Illuminating Radiance Cream, I blended this over my face as I would a usual moisturiser/BB cream, adding a little more coverage under my eyes and around my nose using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 
I kept my blush minimal with a quick swipe of Bourjois Cream Blush in Nude Velvet to add a subtle wash of colour on my cheeks. I set this all in place with a slight dusting of my usual face powder (Collection Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent in case you were wondering), as a side note, this is the best powder I've used and I go through tons of the stuff, it's perfect for a sweet price too. 
I added some bronzer on top of the blusher, and highlighter along my jaw, for this I used Collection Mosaic Bronzer in Radiant and MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter. 
Finally I tamed my brows with Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in Dark Brown and applied a tiny bit of mascara to the ends of my lashes so as not to aggravate my eyes too much, L'Oreal Lash Architect Mascara is my go-to mascara at the moment.

I really like how this turned out, L'Oreal True Match foundation mixed in with a moisturiser gives enough coverage to feel like more than a BB cream, but without entirely masking my skin, perfect for a good-skin-day!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment