Saturday 17 May 2014

Recently purchased

Uh oh, it happened again; I went into Boots for one thing that I actually needed (shower gel, if you were wondering) and couldn't resist browsing the make up stands, oops. I very nearly allowed the hair styling aisle to follow me to the tills as well, but thankfully I was able to resist on that front.


So, those are the things that I picked up - I'm justifying these purchases by telling myself that these add a welcome splash of Summer to my make up bag, yeah, we'll go with that excuse. Truthfully though, these were all total impulse buys that I didn't actually need, could easily have gone without but (thankfully) don't feel guilty about buying, that's a first for me. 


My favourite is this little pot of beauty, the Bourjois Colour (I refuse to spell colour without a 'u') Edition, 24 Hr Cream Eyeshadow. To be fair to myself, I had been debating picking up the Maybelline equivalent for quite some time, but as the Maybelline testers had all dried up and I was unable to test them, I simply had to move on to the Bourjois stand....

I bought the shade Petale De Glace, which is a lovely dusky pink colour but with plenty of shimmer, so it looks different colours in different light; slightly golden when the sun catches it. I'll be honest though and say that I bought this because I absolutely loved the texture (is it just me that does this?) the pretty colour was merely a bonus, it's a cream to powder formula and it feels absolutely divine - blending is a doddle!



Secondly I headed over to the Collection stand because I wanted to pick up an affordable matte bronzer to contour with, again, I don't need one - I already have 2 bronzing compacts that I use for contouring, they work perfectly fine for the purpose, but this was yet another excuse to buy more make up. There was a 2 for £5.00 offer on Collection bronzers too, so I picked up the mosaic blush in the shade Radiant, I wish I'd gotten the other shade which is called Sunkissed, because this shade isn't really much different to the MUA Shimmer Highlighter that I use, neveretheless I'll be using this to highlight when my MUA one runs out. 





From the swatches you can see that Terracotta is very much a red based bronzer, which isn't fantastic but it's the only shade available so I just make sure to go careful with this product, otherwise I risk looking 'muddy'. 
The mosaic bronzer and the eyshadow look almost identical in colour, except the Bourjois shadow is more pigmented - I'm quite pleased with the similarity if I'm honest. 

Collection Mosaic Bronzer - £2.99 Boots
Collection Matte Bronzer - £2.99 Boots
Bourjois Colour Edition - £6.99 Boots

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment