Thursday 15 May 2014

Nanshy Eye Brush Set


Wow, it's only been two months since I last posted on here, yet it feels like much longer! The reason for my absence is that I've just been completely bogged down with college work, I'm on the last leg of my course now so it's well and truly crunch time, need the good grades to get into Uni; which has obviously had to take priority. 

Anyway, in a previous post I mentioned that I'd purchased some new make up brushes, so I can finally unveil their identity and share my thoughts on them. The set I picked up was the Nanshy Eye Brush Set, which includes 7 brushes, this was largely my reason for purchasing them - there's a brush in the set for any and every eye make up need. 

The second, most important reason that I chose this brush set is that all the brushes are cruelty free, made from synthetic, vegan bristles; I mentioned in this post that I refuse to buy brushes made from natural fibres, so I was really pleased that Nanshy offer a great set of brushes, brushes that are both affordable and very good quality. 


I really wish that I'd bought this set last year, while I was going through my power-brow phase - the angled detailer brush is just PERFECT for applying powder to the brows, it's got stiff bristles but is still wonderfully soft, I don't really use this brush much as I have little need for it now. 

The other brush I barely use is the flat definer brush, which can be used to apply eyeliner or shadow along the top and bottom lash line, considering there is also an eyeliner brush in the set that I like using, I don't need any other brushes for this purpose. 


I didn't imagine myself getting much use out of the precision bent eyeliner brush because whenever I use gel eyeliners, my Maybelline Liner Brush works just perfectly, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to apply liner with this brush. I often alternate between this brush and my Maybelline one, depending on how thick I want my liner to be. 

Left to right -
Precision bent eyeliner, angled detailer, eye crease,
large shader, flat definer, blending eyeshadow, tapered crease.
                                                                      My absolute favourite brush in this set is the eye crease it's really perfect to applying shadow into the crease of the lid (duh) and it's just big enough to create a nice smokey effect. My least favourite in the set is the blending eyeshadow as it doesn't really feel very different to the crease brush, except it's a bit bigger and flatter - it's not fluffy enough to really blend the shadow out as the bristles are quite tightly compacted. 

Left to right - same order as above.
The large shader is great for packing on shadow over the entire lid, although I find the blending eyeshadow to be better suited to this purpose than to actually blend the shadow out. Finally, the tapered crease is good enough to add small amounts of darker shadow to the outer corners of the eye, or to add light colours to the inner corner - I also find this brush good for blending out pencil eyeshadows and liners, as the bristles are, again, tightly compacted. 

Left to right -
Tapered crease, blending eyeshadow, flat definer, large shader,
eye crease, angled detailer, precision bent eyeliner.
Nanshy Eye Brush Set can be picked up for £29.95 from Amazon although I picked mine up for £23.95 while Amazon were having a sale on the Beauty department. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment