Saturday 8 March 2014

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer review


Collection seem to be bringing out some really top notch products recently and, after hearing many a raving review about this concealer online, I decided it was about time I jumped on the bandwagon and tried it for myself! Now, I don't think much of concealers for covering spots so I didn't purchase this one for that purpose, nor do I really use them for blemishes - basically, I don't use concealers for their primary purpose at all, I use them for the under eye area. 
Before picking this one up I was using Maybelline's Coverstick, blended underneath my eyes to give a little extra coverage on those pesky night-owl dark circles and I felt it did a really good job. The only issue I had was that, being a stick concealer, I was dragging it across my skin before I blended it out; dragging product across the delicate eye area is a no-go, so I knocked that one on the head pretty sharpish. 
What attracted me to Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer is that it's a liquid and is packaged much like a lip gloss, with a soft precision applicator, so no skin-dragging required - 10/10 so far.

 

As for the texture and blendability of this product, it's very full coverage so feels much more like a mini tube of foundation than it does a concealer - I'm not complaining, it leaves my eye area bright and shadow free in an instant, very heavy duty stuff! Because it's a full coverage product, it's not as easy to blend as some concealers but I find that if you treat it like you would your foundation, it blends just fine. I sometimes use my concealer brush to blend it out, which works adequately, but mostly I've been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it in the same way I do my foundation, this does the job wonderfully. 


Staying power is rather impressive, I always set my base with powder and this stuff lasts longer than my foundation does, I can't vouch for the 16 hour claim though but, seriously, who needs a concealer to last 16 hours anyway?! 

All in all I'm pretty impressed with this product and will most likely be repurchasing it! 
You can pick it up from Boots for £4.19 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment