Tuesday 4 March 2014

Recent purchases...

It's not very often that I scour the rails of a clothes shop these days, unless I'm in need of something in particular; I'm much more of an impulse make up buyer than I am clothes so I can hardly believe that this time last year I was picking up shoes, coats and bags on a whim after college!

Nevertheless, I've been under the influence of my best mate recently and have gladly followed along beside her as she's taken trips to the 'promised lands' that are New Look and Primark, here are a few things I've picked up recently...



When I wandered into New Look the other day, having just spent a tenner in Boots, I had no intention of making any purchases and was just there to accompany Carmen while she hit the sale rails. While having a browse myself I came across this really cute, but wonderfully simple t-shirt in the sale, I don't have a simple white t-shirt (well, this one is more of an off white colour) and I liked the cut out aztec detailing on the back, again, something I wouldn't usually go for - when I tried it on it was so comfortable, slouchy and perfect for chucking on over a pair of jeans, so I had to have it! 

I absolutely love chunky gold chain necklaces (don't we all?) and I've had my eye on this two tone leopard print chain for quite some time; it's really heavy which I like and it can be reversed, so for £6.00 you get two looks in one, fab!




When I'm on the hunt for new clothes Primark is the last place I look, in fact, I hardly ever go in there. Simply because I feel that recently they've upped the prices while the quality of the garments have remained much the same and not to mention that Bristol's Primark, spanning 3 floors, is rather overwhelming and I often find it hard to curb my impulsive spending tendencies! But this afternoon I met Carmen for a coffee in town and she was telling me about the bargains she'd picked up in Primark yesterday, an abundance of jumpers and some pjs, for only £14.00 so I was more than happy to have a look myself. 

I found a lovely grey jumper with gold thread detailing for under a fiver, it's a nice fit and can be layered over vests and such for colder weather, but is also light enough to be worn alone on a cool Spring day - simple but chic and gives that effortless look perfectly. 

Secondly, I nabbed myself another gold chain (I'm obsessed!) and I can't believe that I always forget Primark when it comes to affordable jewelry; I found a chunky diamonte chain for £4.00 that looked almost identical to one I'd been contemplating buying for £12.00 in River Island. In the end I opted for the one above because I don't have any others like it and I fell in love with it's simplicity. 

Lastly I picked up a simple boyfriend tee on my way to the tills, in a lovely pinky coral colour which is bang on trend at the moment. I don't have many brightly coloured shirts, I'm more of a dull browns, blacks and greys kinda girl, so for £3.00 I thought a pop of wearable colour wouldn't go amiss! I'm really into slouchy t shirts at the moment as they can be thrown together with literally anything and are extremely versatile. 

On the beauty side of things, I've recently added Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer to my make up bag, after hearing lots of good things about it, alongside Maybelline's Brow Drama Brow Fixing Gel and a shimmery eyeshadow pencil - expect reviews soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment