Tuesday 11 March 2014

The accidental discovery...


There was a time when I raved about aloe vera products and I mean seriously raved about them - to the point where I was nicknamed 'Aloe Vera' by my best mate; she'd complain about an ache, pain, skin complaint, hair care problem, etc etc, to which I'd pipe up with "THERE'S AN ALOE PRODUCT FOR THAT!" and she'd respond with "Oh alright Aloe Vera!" cue sarcastic tone. 

I'm sure I've mentioned previously that my mum used to work for a company called Forever Living Products, they're an American company that grow their own aloe vera plants and harvest them for use in their own brand products, they sell EVERYTHING - from aloe vera shampoo, to aloe vera make up, aloe vera drinks, supplements: you name it, they sell it! Subsequently, we have a ton of these random products floating around our house and I'm the only person who ever really uses them. 
The product pictured is their Aloe MSM Gel, which is very much like their pure Aloe Vera Gelly, except it has added herbs and essential oils, such as tea tree, which can be used to soothe and calm itchy or uncomfortable skin. I keep this little gem on my bedroom shelf for days when my skin is feeling a bit prickly and I just rub it onto the affected area prior to moisturising. 
As a side note, MSM Gel is marketed as a gel to soothe muscles and joints, but I've only ever used it for skincare myself. 

The other day, however, I discovered it has another use - a makeup remover! I was playing around with new eye shadows and lipsticks and didn't have any face wipes hanging around, so just popped a bit of this onto a cotton pad and the make up came off like a dream, I've since used it to remove a day of make up (foundation and powder included) and it leaves my skin soft, supple and, most importantly, make up free! The added bonus is that you're giving your skin a real treat while you remove your make up, aloe vera penetrates every layer of the skin (some Forever Living knowledge thrown in there, see) so it's super beneficial to use it in your skin care routine from time to time. 

Since then, whenever I can't be bothered with my usual sink, face wash, flannel routine, I use Aloe MSM Gel and some cotton pads to get rid of the slap - my skin is left clean and clear, baby soft and moisturised, all thanks to one accidental discovery!

Aloe MSM Gel can be purchased from forever living for £18.77
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment