Sunday 9 February 2014

Stuff that's (quite) new...


This is essentially my 'what I got for Christmas' post but, considering it's February, I'd feel daft titling it as such and my post-Christmas schedule has been chock a block so I've been unable to find the time to post properly until now! Anyway, here are a few new bits and bobs that I'm loving at the moment....



I'm so pleased that after years of visiting the perfume section of Debenhams and staring lustfully at the Dolce & Gabbana stand, Pour Femme is finally mine! I'm not a huge fan of perfume gift boxes, because I never get the use out of the accompanying body moisturiser that is enclosed (sensitive skin problems, sigh) but I've come up with a great way to get some use out of the equally delightful-smelling moisturiser - use it as a perfume base, which makes the perfume last longer. Despite having hyper-sensitive skin that disagrees with perfumed lotions and potions, my usual perfume-spots (wrists, neck, collar bones...) are accustomed to being sprayed with scent so I simply rub a little bit of the lotion on before spraying my perfume on top, genius! 

And my mum, being all to aware of my hard-to-please skin, put together a little Simple goody bag for me, enclosed was - 
  • Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser 
  • Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser (my new favourite face cream, ever)
  • Kind To Skin+ Illuminating Radiance Cream
  • Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash (my couldn't-live-without-it cleanser)
  • Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash
  • Kind To Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
  • Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm
  • Kind To Skin Nourishing Body Wash (not pictured)
Not to forget a bottle of trusty E45!

An electric toothbrush was another welcome addition to my personal-care stash - me and my mum both swear by electric toothbrushes, but after mine had stopped working I never considered buying another so I was pleased to receive a new one, needless to say my usual bog-standard toothbrush is now just sitting gathering dust in the bathroom. 

Lastly, a bottle of Argan Oil hair conditioning oil was popped in my stocking, it smells wonderful and definitely gives your hair care routine a little luxury!  


Fashion wise, a new pair of warm, winter boots and an over sized handbag were two things that I was in dire need of and have been getting plenty of use out of since Christmas. My mum told me she was concerned that I wouldn't like either of these things and was prepared to take them back, but I absolutely adore both! 

Last year I had to reluctantly throw out my much loved and much worn faux fur lace up boots; this new pair are similar enough while being rather more practical then my last pair, perfect for the cold, wet weather we've been having recently. And this lovely Jane Shilton structured hand bag is absolutely perfect for holding all my essentials (inc college work books) while remaining bang on trend and practical too. 

So, that's my 'new stuff' post done, long overdue! I guess it's time for me to go shopping for more new stuff myself, now...


No comments:

Post a Comment